Monday, October 20, 2008

Cultural Event

I went to the windmill museum again recently in order to have a legit cultural event. I was not as amazed as I was the first time I went, but I still found myself considering all the possible energy we could make by using wind power. I wish that our nation would realize how much money and fuel we would save if we even used wind power for just 1/2 of our overall electricity.

Although there were some old "ghetto" looking windmills at the museum there were a lot of other ones that were pretty impressive. If you have ever driven into Lubbock from the DFW area you have seen all the giant windmills alongside the highway for miles. This museum really didn't have as impressive windmills as the ones alongside the highway , but it did have historic ones.

I would recommend going to this museum if you are really bored and in town. I don't think that going back is high on my list of things to do for the moment, but it was an alright experience.




Farewell freshman transition

-Michael Haake

No comments: